An Aadhar card is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the central government to any resident of India. UIDAI maintains the Aadhaar card and also stores and records the data and biometrics of the applicant. Although the Aadhaar card can be used as an identity card, it is not meant to replace a PAN, a driving license, etc. It is used by various companies and government institutions for KYC verification and maintaining profiles.
Features of the Aadhar Card
- The Aadhar card number is unique, and the system is created. Therefore, it reduces the chances of fraud and misunderstanding.
- Because the sharing of Aadhaar number information related to the Aadhaar card holder does not allow information leakage.
- Secure-One person cannot impersonate another as it can easily be tracked using biometrics.
There are different forms of Aadhar cards available to UIDAI. One of the popular variants is the Aadhaar PVC smart card, which has a QR code, hologram, and photo, among other features.
It was introduced keeping in mind the inconvenience faced by people while using paper like Aadhar cards. Aadhar cards can be cut to card size like paper or can be carried like a postcard. While the postcard form is difficult to carry, the smaller one is easily lost due to its size. In addition, the shape of the card may be distorted or a crease may develop over time because it is in paper format and may become dirty. Therefore, UIDAI introduced a credit or debit card, commonly known as the Aadhaar PVC card. First, let's look at the different types of Aadhar cards available.
Aadhar Card Varieties
There are four types of Aadhar cards issued by UIDAI. They are:-
1. Adhaar card
- This is the most common type of base available.
- It is a paper-based laminated sheet with a QR code, date of issue, and date of printing written on it.
- After registration, it will be sent to the applicant free of charge by ordinary post.
- If the card is lost, Rs 50 has to be paid as printing cost for re-issuance of the card.
- E-Aadhaar is the virtual Aadhaar card, which is used through the official website of UIDAI.
- It is digitally signed and has a QR code for both offline verification and issue date and download.
- Once the offline verification process is completed, the e-Aadhaar will be available almost immediately.
- You can view your e-Aadhaar by logging into the portal using a registered mobile number.
- m-Aadhaar is another digital type of Aadhar card available on mobile through the official UIDAI app.
- The official app is available on the iOS Store and also on the Google Play Store for download.
- A registered mobile number is required to use m-Aadhaar.
4. PVC Card Aadhar
- This is the latest form of the Aadhar card, which looks like a credit card.
- The card has unique features like symbols, photos, and other features.
- There are various security features like embossed logos, ghost images, etc.
- One can easily get this card online or get it printed nearby.
- Getting this card is optional.
- To get this Aadhaar, Rs 50 has to be paid as an issuance fee. The steps to get a PVC Aadhar card are mentioned below.
The Advantages of a PVC Aadhar Card
Although getting a PVC Aadhar card is not mandatory, the quality of the PVC smart card is better and it is the size of a credit/debit card, which helps carry it easily.
Aadhar Card in PVC
Unlike a paper like an Aadhar card, you have to pay a fee of Rs 50 to generate a new PVC card for it. The procedure for ordering a PVC Aadhar Card is outlined below.
online pvc aadhar card ordering
PVC Aadhar Cards can be ordered online only. Additionally, you must have an existing Aadhar card (m-Aadhaar/paper-like Aadhar/e-Aadhaar).
Below are the steps to buy a PVC Aadhar card online.
- Step 1: Go to the UIDAI's official website at https://uidai.gov.in/only.Go to the My Aadhar section. Under the sub menu, select "Order Aadhar PVC Card".
- Step 2-On this page, you need to enter any of the following: A 16-digit Virtual ID, a 12-digit Aadhaar number, or a 28-digit EID After that, you have to enter the security code and click Send OTP to your registered number. Enter the OTP and submit it.
- Step 3-On the next page, one can view his Aadhar card details: Date of Birth, Gender, Name, Address, and Photograph.
- Step 4-If someone finds any missing, wrong, or outdated information, you can update your Aadhaar information.
- Step 5-Select the "Payment" button. You will be redirected to the payment page. 50 is required to be paid. Various payment options are available, like debit cards, credit cards, net banking, etc.
- Step 6-Select the appropriate payment option to pay Rs. 50. When completing your application for a PVC card, select one of the payment options and download a receipt once the payment is complete. The SRN, or Service Request Number, generated by the system is displayed on the webpage.
- Step 7: It usually takes 15 days to receive your PVC Aadhar card, which can be tracked using the SRN number. So, your Aadhaar PVC card is ordered.
Aadhar PVC Smart Card FAQ:
1. How can I find out the status of my PVC Aadhar Card?
To track the PVC Aadhar card status, one needs to visit the UIDAI website and go to the sub-section 'Check Aadhaar PVC Card Status' under the 'My Aadhaar' menu. Enter the SRN number and OTP to check the status.
2. Is it mandatory to get a PVC Aadhar card even though I have an Aadhar card in paper form?
If you have Aadhar in any of the four forms, then it is not mandatory to have a PVC Aadhar Card.
3. Can those without a registered mobile number get an Aadhar PVC card?
Yes, they can. Instead of sending "OTP via registered number", one can choose to send OTP to his unregistered number. For this, one needs to visit the official IRDAI website, go to the 'My Aadhaar' sub-section, enter their 12 digit Aadhaar number, and receive an OTP on an unregistered number.
4. Can one have an Aadhar card in multiple forms?
Yes, Aadhar cards can be in many forms.
5. Unsa ang 'Adesh Aadhar Card Service'?
This is the latest service made available by UIDAI, which allows the Aadhaar holder to print his PVC card at any Aadhaar Enrollment Center by paying a nominal fee.
6. What are the security features of the Aadhar PVC Card?
The card has many security features like: embossed Aadhaar Logo, Ghost Image A Guilloche Pattern Hologram Micro Text Secure QR Code with Issue Date and Print Date
7. What are the different payment methods for the PVC Aadhar Card?
There are different ways to pay for PVC Aadhar: -Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking UPI M-Banking
8. What is the AWB number?
This is the assignment number allotted by India Speed Post, which is used to track the location of your PVC Aadhar card.
9. What if some changes are required in the PVC Aadhar Card?
If there is any printing error, it should be reported to the Aadhar Enrollment Center or if you want to change the details, it can also be done on the UIDAI portal and re-issue of the PVC Aadhar Card.
10. Can I apply for an Aadhar PVC Card through any website?
No, one should apply for Aadhar PVC Card using UIDAI website only.
11. Can I apply for Aadhar PVC Card offline?
There is no procedure mentioned by UIDAI to apply offline for Aadhar PVC card.